Small businesses have a lot of challenges, especially when it comes to hiring. The process of finding and vetting candidates can be time-consuming and expensive. One way to streamline the process is to use printable job application forms. These are forms that applicants can fill out and submit online or in person. This post discusses the benefits of using printable job applications and provides you with links to 12 different types of employment forms you can use.
Benefits of a Printable Job Application Form
There are a few key benefits of using printable employment application forms. They include:
- time savings: You can quickly gather information about an applicant’s skills, experience, and qualifications during the hiring process.
- Cost-effectiveness: Printable job application forms are a fraction of the cost of traditional hiring methods like advertising in newspapers or online.
- Convenience: Applicants can fill out the forms at their convenience, which is especially helpful if you have candidates from different time zones.
- Background checks: These forms are handy for collecting information that can be used for background checks.
How to Choose the Best Printable Downloadable Job Application Template
Now that you know the benefits of using printable job applications, you need to know how to choose the right downloadable job application template. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when selecting an employment form:
- The type of business: The application should be specific to your industry and business type. For example, a retail store will have different needs than a restaurant.
- The size of the business: The form should be appropriate for the size of your business. A small business will have different needs than a large corporation.
- The job opening: The form should be specific to the job position. For example, a potential employee applying for a sales position will require different information than an administrative position.
- Employment history: Most job application forms, printable or not, have fields that are standard for potential candidates to fill out, such as applicant information, employer and prior employment history, social security number for use as a screening method, references, military service and so on.
- Professional look: The form should have a professional look that is consistent with your brand. Etsy carries many printable job application forms that are customizable and suitable for every type of business imaginable.
12 Best Printable Employment Application Options
Now that you know how to choose the best printable job application form for your business, it’s time to take a look at some of the best options available. Here are 12 great printable job application forms you can download from Etsy. Note: All prices included were accurate at the time of writing.
1. Best Printable Employment Application Form
This form works for a majority of businesses. It includes what can legally be asked on an application without being excessive when it comes to questions. It includes fields for the applicant’s name, transportation query, potential hire’s contact details, education and more. The form also has space for the applicant to list their availability and previous work experience.
Download link: Application for Employment.
What’s included: One PDF form that is editable in Adobe Reader
Price: Under $2.00
2. Printable Generic Job Application
This printable generic employment application form checks all the questions deemed relevant to the majority of employers’ recruiting procedures. Potential new hires will fill out contact information, including their e-mail address, social security number, position applying for, education and more. The form is also editable in Adobe Reader for an applicant to pre-fill out electronically to save time on the onboarding process.
3. Simple Job Application Form
This printable basic employment application template offers a minimalist design and checks all of the pertinent boxes for most employers. The easy-to-use form includes room for an applicant’s name, address, phone number, job history, e-mail address and education.
Download link: Job Application Printable, Employment Form.
What’s included: One PDF form that is editable in Adobe Reader
4. Printable Job Application PDF
This bestselling printable job application form is an Etsy bestseller. Available in PDF format, it includes fields for the applicant’s name, contact information, education, prior working history and references. There is also a section for the applicant to list their availability and skills.
Download link: Application for Employment – Bilingual English/Spanish.
What’s included: Printable job application form in English and in Spanish.
5. Printable Sample Job Application
Printable sample job application forms serve as the baseline for what your company should include on the application that’s given out to be completed. It should be validated that it lists all the pertinent questions your company needs to ask and that everything that is being asked is legal.
For instance, you could download and use the form above from Etsy seller BeautyxDrip, but it is up to the business to make sure the forms you use for employment applications are in compliance with the law.
In other words, some questions have no place on an employment application. So it’s best to talk to a professional business attorney to make sure you aren’t including questions on the form that shouldn’t be there.
6. Job Application with Business Logo
This one is very straightforward and to the point. It includes fields for the applicant’s name, contact information, education, employment history and references. There is also a section for the applicant to list their availability, skills and military service, if applicable.
Download link: Employment Application.
What’s included: Editable PDF, a place to put your business logo.
7. Small Business Job Application Form
This no-nonsense template pictured here is perfect for small businesses. It includes room for an applicant’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, education, previous employment information and so on in a 1-page form.
Download link: Job Application Form.
What’s included: One editable Microsoft Word document.
8. Caregiver Employment Application Form
This application is an example of one that is tailored toward a specific profession: caregiving. It is a trusted institution, so the form includes more detailed questions about qualifications, experience, availability, driving history and references for those applying for the position. If you need the template personalized, you can contact the seller PersonalizedToday to discuss a custom quote, too.
Download link: Caregiver Employment Application Form.
What’s included: 2 PDF print and write digital files.
9. Human Resource Company Form
This form is a must-have for any human resources, payroll, accounting or other departments that need to collect information on job candidates. HR managers and business owners who reviewed this form on Etsy praised its clean and modern design. The form is completely editable, so you can add or remove questions as needed.
Download link: HR Form Company Template.
What’s included: 2 pages of printable forms and templates formatted to A4.
10. Microsoft Excel Job Application Template
This editable and printable Microsoft Excel job application template is perfect for small businesses that want to keep track of applicants in a spreadsheet. It includes fields for the applicant’s name, contact information, education, history of employment and references. There is also a section for the applicant to list their availability and skills.
Download link: Editable and Printable Microsoft Excel Job Application Template.
What’s included: Downloadable Excel file.
11. Printable Job Application Form for Creatives
This sleek and elegant job application form is great to use for creative candidates like graphic designers, artists and photographers. It includes fields for things like the applicant’s name, contact information, education, job history and references. The beautiful design and font can be edited in Canva.
Download link: Application Template.
What’s included: 3 pages that are in PDF format.
12. New Hire Packet and Job Application Form
This new hire packet and job application form is a great way for hiring managers to get new employees started on the right foot. The bundle includes a 2-page employment application, new hire information & payroll form, sign-on bonus agreement, direct deposit authorization and eight more forms.
Download link: Complete New Hire Employee Welcome Packet.
What’s included: 12 Word & PDF templates that you can customize, download, save and print.
Start Getting Job Applicants Today
So there you have it, some of the best printable job application templates that you can use for your small business. And with prices starting at just a dollar, you can’t go wrong. If you need help finding more templates, head over to Etsy for more templates and some custom quotes. With these tools, you’ll be sure to find the perfect form for your business needs!